Welcome to the GopherConnect (Beta) - Early Release!
Here is how to get started:
- Download and install Gopher V4.3.24 (GopherConnect Beta)
- Visit https://connect.gophersoftware.com/ to sign-up, activate, and begin using your GopherConnect account.
- Enter your GopherConnect Token into the Options | GopherConnect Settings screen in Gopher 4.
This token will be emailed to you after your account is verified.
You can retrieve or reset your Token at any time from https://connect.gophersoftware.com/settings/
Keep your Token secret! The token is what gives Gopher 4 permission to access your online data.
- Gopher 4 syncs with GopherConnect when you click the Sync with GopherConnect button on the Welcome screen in Gopher 4.
If you do not see this button then make sure you are running v4.3.24 or higher.
A Frequently Asked Questions section will be posted soon that explains how the system works. But for now, here are some important things to know:
- GopherConnect allows you to view the following data from your Gopher 4 Windows application:
- Q: How much does it cost?
A: This service is currently available for free.
- Most features on GopherConnect are currently read-only. The exceptions are:
- New payments can be entered
- Existing payments can be edited
- Existing scheduled jobs can be completed (description and detail fields can be edited for completed jobs)
- The schedule can be viewed and jobs can be completed, but new jobs cannot be entered at this time
- Job dates beyond 90 days from today are not synched with the server.
- Job dates online are only sorted (including crew & route assignment) for the upcoming 7 days. Beyond that date the jobs will not be sorted or show a crew/route assignment. Each time you sync, the jobs for the next 7 days will get sorted and assigned to their crew & route.
- Invoice and payment histories go back six months.
- Jobs are completed by selecting a date on the schedule and clicking Complete Jobs link at the top. Select the completed jobs by checking their checkboxes (or clicking anywhere in the job field) and then click Submit
- Depending on how many customers, invoices, payments and scheduled jobs you have, the first time you sync can take a long time (over an hour). So make sure you don't need to use your Gopher 4 program right away the first time you sync.
- Make regular backups! This beta service will make modifications to your local database. You should backup your database regularly (i.e. daily) while using this beta service.
Please send any questions, comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you encounter an error when synching, click the Copy Results button on the sync screen and paste the results to an email.
And keep in mind that this beta service is still undergoing major changes and can experience extended down time or data loss. So do not use this as your primary data source.